Eric hails from the small village of New Richmond, Ohio, just east of Cincinnati. He attended the University of Cincinnati where he studied mechanical engineering and also earned an MBA. He was twice an All-American: once in XC and once on the track in the 5k.
Upon graduation in 2012, Eric spent his first year out of college working full-time as a design engineer for a small company in Cincinnati. After his first year of work, Eric moved to Minneapolis to join Team USA Minnesota as an emerging professional runner to pursue running at an elite level.
After spending two years in Minneapolis, Eric decided to continue his running career by joining Team Run Eugene and moving to Oregon. He has his sights set on a sub-13:20 5k in the next year while still dabbling in events ranging from the mile to the half marathon.He enjoys all outdoor activities, but is particularly fond of live bluegrass music and enjoys a neat shot of bourbon: both of which pay homage to his birth state.
Hometown: New Richmond, OH
High School: New Richmond HS
College: University of Cincinnati
Half Marathon: 63:29
- 1st Place at Adrian Martinez Classic Mile, 2014
- 1st Place at Memorial Léon Buyle Meeting 3000m, 2014
- 1st Place (Heat C) KBC Nacht Meeting 5000m, 2014
- 10th Place USATF Outdoor Championships 5000m, 2014
- 10th Place NCAA Div. I Championships, 2011 | All-American
- 25th Place NCAA Div. I Championships, 2011 | All-American
- Big East 5000m Champion, 2011
- Big East XC Champion, 2011